Role of Class Reps
Each class has two class Reps, who serve as a link between the class and the Friends. Parents are usually Reps for two academic years, but this is not compulsory if others are keen! It can be a good idea for one Rep to change each year.
Responsibilities of the Class Reps include:
- Maintain a class list.
- Attend meetings of Friends – one Rep from each class to attend each meeting.There are two meetings a term, usually held on the first Wednesday evening of each half term.
- Communicate Friends’ news to the class and bring feedback to the meetings.
- Welcome new parents to the class.
- Help with Friends’ events, and coordinate class contributions to these.
- Organise class social events – eg coffee mornings, nights out, end of term parties for parents.
- Coordinate class gifts to teachers, if required.
- Liaise with teachers, as required.
The Class Reps’ responsibilities do NOT include academic issues or concerns about individual children.